Early Phonics® is a synthetic phonics program that uses fun-based activities to bring basic print and phonemic awareness to children with the goal of helping the child learn to read, write and build a strong vocabulary.
Using research-based techniques and cutting edge methods, Early Phonics teaches all 44 sounds using short stories, songs, and actions.
Designed to meet the learning needs of every child, our synthetic phonics program is made up of hard and soft copy hands-on activity books, segmented into weekly lessons that save the teacher valuable time and is backed by a strong remote learning component; enabling children learn from home with minimal support.
Suitable for schools, home tutoring, and homeschooling, Early Phonics renders a comprehensive approach to phonic instructions and is appropriate for children in a regular classroom with some modification for children with special needs.
Early Phonics® teaches the letter/s-sound correspondences of the English alphabetic code explicitly and comprehensively with the goal of helping children learn to read write and build a strong vocabulary.
The Early Phonics® program is:
- Child centric; required minimal teacher skills and near zero parent involvement
- Systematic and structured with inbuilt rigorous revision to ensure the success of every child
- Includes cartoon characters, along with hundreds of full-colour pictures to engage children fully for the phonics teaching & learning, vocabulary enrichment and language comprehension
- Rigorous teaching sequence ensuring the phonics teaching & learning is straightforward, effective and allows for differentiation in simple, but effective, ways
- Builds up knowledge of spelling word banks over time where words are spelt with the same letter/s-sound correspondences
- Designed to inform parents/teachers/care-givers routinely and to work in partnership with them wherever possible
- The order of introducing the 44 sounds of English language matches the order in ‘Letters and Sounds’ (DfES, 2007)